**IMPORTANT UPDATE: 6/2010: You may or may not know… but Quicken just launched their NEW version Quicken Rental Property Manager, called Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010 . So, version 2.5 is now out of date. We just finished up the review for Quicken Rental Property Manager 2009 … so click that link to head over and see what it’s all about.
- It’s actually a combination of a complete book keeping software for your personal, business, and rental property financials… so there are a ton more features.
- It’s only $119 (with the $30 discount through this link )
- It’s really a software that can take over as the book keeping for everything… not just your rental property.
- The same basic features 2.5 had are in this new 2009 version, with a few extra upgrades as well.
The other day I had a reader shoot me an email asking me to recommend a property management software for their small rental property business.
“Hey Trevor, I love the site! Question. My husband and I own 10 rental units and have always just kept our financial on an excel spreadsheet we created.
The spreadsheet works pretty well… but I’d like to take the next step and really get organized with the income and expenses. I’ve been looking at Quicken Rental Property Manager 2.5 ; is it any good? Let me know!
Hey Mary, thanks for the email! Well… until I received your email I had never used Quicken Rental Property Manager 2.5… but had looked at it for my own business a time or two.
So, for the sake of helping out you and the other readers… I went out and purchased a copy of Quicken Rental Property Manager 2.5 to give it a full in-depth review so you can see how it works… and if it’s worth it before you shell out your hard earned money.
I created a video of me going through every aspect of the software… the pros and the cons… and I was able to work out a bit of a discount from Quicken for my readers. The discount link is below the video (and is seen in the video), and it gives you a $10 discount ( or coupon , coupon code , whatever you want to call it)…
… so instead of paying the full $99.99 for the software, you can get it for a tax deductible $89.99 (through the link below ) directly from Quicken. They do have a 60 money back guarantee , which is pretty cool… so if for some reason you don’t like it like you thought you would… just get your money back. Easy as that.
So here we go… the video is a bit on the long side (I went in huge detail with this software)… so if you can’t sit still for 20+ minutes… my “cliff notes” version review is just below the video.
So, is Quicken Rental Property Manager 2.5 the right rental property management software for you? Check out the video and review below to see!
Quicken Rental Property Manager 2.5 Review
- click the play button to start video
**If you’re having trouble viewing the video above, follow the link below to watch it directly at the video hosting site:
Here’s the link to get the $10 discount on the software ==> $10 Discount
“Cliff Notes” Version of my Review:
Here it is, overall I thought the software is pretty darn good . I has a very nice de sign (you can’t tell from my crappy video though), is extremely simple and easy to use , has all of the basic functions you need to manage rental properties, and it’s priced right (only $89.99 w/ the discount we worked out for you).
- Great clean and modern design . This version was released in 2007 and you can tell.
- Probably the easiest rental property software I’ve ever used . Very simple.
- I love the “Rent Center ” where with one click you can see the current state of your finances for each property (or all of your properties at once!)
- Took me less than 20 seconds to enter in an expense or rent receipt, very efficient .
- Once again, priced lower than most other property management software packages.
- Has a great 60 day money back guarantee .
- Has a “tax report ” that with two clicks immediately prints out a report that you can take to your accountant come tax time. Huge time saver.
What I Didn’t Like About It: (I’m pretty picky as you’ll see…)
- The software is very si mple. For most this is a good thing… for me, I’d like to have more features. Most people who own less than 20 units will probably be more than pleased w/ Quicken.
- It lacks advanced reporting features . The only two reports it has are the “tax report” and the “income/expense report”. These are great reports… but I’d like to have it break it down to report more in-depth by tenant, unit, property, vendors, etc. But, if you have less than 20 units, you probably don’t need these reports.
- It allows you to put basic info about the tenant and property … but not very detailed information. For tenants I like to have areas where I can place pictures (of them, their drivers license, move in pictures, etc.), advanced notes, information about their lease, receipts, invoices, workorders, etc. Once again, for less than 20 units Quicken has good features.
- I may be a dimwit (did I spell that right??)… but I need to be reminded to do everything (ask my wife!). It would be way cool to have pop up reminders that tell you if a rent is late. Once again, if you have less than 20 units you may not need a reminder like this.
My Overall Impression of Quicken Rental Property Manager 2.5 ??
Overall, I really liked the software because of its ease of use. Anyone with half a brain can buy this software, download it, and be up and running with really no training at all. However, like I said… for me, it is best for managing 20 units or less simply because it isn’t as advanced and detailed as I would like to see it for more than 20 units.
How Do I Grade It? (out of 5)
Ease of Use :
Overall (20 units or less):
So, if you are looking for a very easy to use rental property management software that provides you the ability to enter tenant info, property info, easy to use income and expense tracking, and simple tax and income/expense reporting… Quicken Rental Property Manager 2.5 is a great way to go (for less than 20 units).
So, if you think Quicken is the right ticket for you… be sure to grab it w/ the $10 discount I negotiated through the link below (also, shoot me a copy of your receipt by email and I’ll send you my package of rental property management software for free… $97 value).
Buy Quicken Rental Property Manager 2.5 w/ the $10 discount <<
Check Out Our Other Property Management Software Reviews!
- Tenant File Software – Great for up to 100 units… has our highest rating to date.
- Landlord Max Software – Excellent for up to 100 units, it’s the one I personally use and it’s a great value.
- Rent Tracker – Low end software that is bare bones… but good for some property owners.
- Real Tools Software – Decent software for up to 100 units with great features and value, but somewhat steep learning curve.
If you are looking for a bit more out of your rental property management software, I’d suggest looking at a more robust package like LandlordMax or another software package with more features
Over the next month or so, I’ll be reviewing more rental property management software packages so you can have a good idea of the right software for you… before you shell out your hard earned bucks.
I hope the review helped!
(hey, if you have a question on a real estate investing related product/service before you buy it… let me know! I’ll get the product and do an in-depth review so you can see first hand if it’s right for you! Just go to our contact form at the top of this page!)
Note: Here at The REI Brain dot com we are dedicated to providing you with great free content, resources, training, and product reviews. All of this is not cheap for us to do and we’ve got to pay the bills… so, if you find a product or recommendation or review of a product on our website or in our emails we likely do earn a revenue when our visitors purchase the product/service/program through the links on our website. That is a great way that we’ve found to help pay for our expenses and to continue providing you with great content for free. However, with that said… we are *never* going to sell out to make a quick buck and feel very strongly that every product we introduce you to or that we recommend in a review is truly a great product, at a great value, that we have personally reviewed prior to any recommendation or review. Out of every product we do recommend, there are over 20 that we look at that we feel are not worthy of our recommendation to our valued readers.
If you enjoyed this article, get email updates (it's free).
Here's A Few Related Articles...
- New Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010 Full Video Review And $50 Coupon
- Quicken Rental Property Manager 2009 Review – With Discount Links
- Rent Tracker Property Management Software – In Depth Review…
- Property Management Software Reviews – In-Depth Unbiased Reviews
- Landlord Max Property Rental Management Software Review