If you’re like me, you probably think that planning out your life is nonsense. Hey, I totally agree… it’s crazy to live life with every single thing planned out.
However, what’s even more crazy is to live life without clear direction with where you want to go, what you want to do, and how you want to live life.
Tell me this… do you:
- Have a clear picture of EXACTLY what you want your life to be like deep down in your core… not superficial? Superficial things (money) aren’t what make you happy. So what would make you happy?
- Know what your AVERAGE ideal day would be? Not your perfect day… big difference. If you had to live the same exact day for the rest of your life and be perfectly happy with life… how would that day play out? Do you have a clear picture of this from what you say and think when you wake up… to what you do before you go to bed?
- Have a specific way that you would like each aspect of your life to be like in 10, 20, 50 years? I mean stuff like your health, spiritual well-being, education, financial, philanthropic, career, fun/pleasure, and friends and family? If not, how do you expect to get there? Hmmm…
- Have a good idea of how you will get to live your life’s goals?
I’d be willing to go to Vegas and plop down a $100 that 9 out of 10 of you reading this can’t clearly and confidently say that you can answer the questions above… with passion and conviction that you know you will get there. If you’re one of the 9… what is it that is keeping you from really thinking about what you want out of this one and only life we get?
Let’s Create That Life Plan… As Long or Short As You Want…
When I first sat down to "write out my life plan" I had it in my head that it had to be this big ol’ several page thing that was all cut and polished. Guess what happened when I sat down to write it with this mindset…
… I NEVER FINISHED IT!
Probably much like you, I really didn’t have a clear picture of what I wanted out of life… I mean, what I REALLY WANTED out of life. And, I placed too much pressure on myself to get it right the first time and have it be perfect.
Here’s one thing I’ve learned. It will never be perfect. All you need to do is just spend some dedicated time to really think about what you truly want out of life (once again, at your core level).
I’ve created a few little exercises for you to go through and some great resources to help you get your mind in the right mind-set. Do yourself a favor and block out a few hours to really get down what you want in life. I can tell you from experience that this truly is the first step you need to take BEFORE you even start to think about learning real estate investing… it’ll save you a ton of time and money when you can tailor your real estate investing and entrepreneurial strategies to specifically help you live the life you want to live.
- Your Ideal Average Day
- What Do You Want Out Of Life? – Exercise and worksheet
- Putting It All Together Into A Plan With Specific Goals