Whew! Enough already!
Okay, after getting a few dozen emails from REIbrain subscribers over the past 8 months to do a review on Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010 we’ve finally carved out the time, buckled down, and got ‘er done for our loyal subscribers.
Quicken came out w/ their 2010 version of their Rental Property Manager software in late 2009 with a slightly upgraded user interface… a few new features… and a new price tag to boot (but we’ve got a $50 discount for you when you use our referral links that Quicken gave us for our subscribers if you find Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010 is right for you).
Here’s the structure of the review:
- Quick look at the software
- Video review (with discount coupon link)
- The pros and cons of Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010
- My overall impression of the software
- My grade
That’s about it… check out the video below of my Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010 review below and see if it’s the right property management software for you! By the way, I think this is best for property managers with fewer than 10-15 or so units … if you have more than 10 units or like really detailed reports, you might want to look at our reviews for LandlordMax , Tenant File, or Buildium Software.
Quick Look At Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010 Software
My overall impression is that the software is a good solid software, has a great user interface, has a very easy-to-read dashboard, and has several good upgrades from the 2009 version… but there are definite drawbacks as well.
Here’s a quick look:
- Integrate personal financial records and online banking to rental property records
- Set up bill reminders to pay contractors
- Categorize spending into Income and Expenses for easy reference
- Easy to add tenant and property information
- Schedule income reminders and upcoming bills
- Mileage tracker for easy record keeping
- Add multi unit properties easily
- Track equity for each property
- Multiple tax reports make your accountant happy
- Here’s their website to redeem a $50 discount <<
Alrighty…ready for some more details? Let’s dive right in…
Click the video below to start ‘er up. It’s about 20 minutes of an in-depth detailed walkthrough of the Quicken Rental Manager 2010 software.
Quicken 2010 Rental Property Manager Video Review
Running Time: about 24 minutes
**If you’re having trouble viewing the video above, follow the link below to watch it directly at the video hosting site:
Here’s the link to Get a $50 discount today of Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010 Today. <<
“Cliff Notes” Version of My Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010 Software Review
Here it is… overall I really liked Quicken Rental 2010. This program is incredibly easy to use so there’s practically no learning curve. You can definitely install the program and jump right in adding your records on the same day…within minutes…it’s pretty darn easy.
The Pros: (what I like a lot!)
- Easy to read dashboard and reports (although maybe oversimplified for some investors)
- Very affordable…under $100 if you use our link
- Nifty dashboard icon alerts show rents due, rents overdue, unit vacancies
- Integrate personal or online banking with rental records
- Track security deposits easily in a couple clicks
- Schedule bills and bill reminders so you don’t miss a bill
- Track income due from tenants with simple reminders
- Enter terms of rental agreements for each tenant in a few minutes
- Can add properties and new tenant names easily
- Simple tax reports that you can take to your CPA come tax time (big time saver)
- Easy to add late fee charges… but, isn’t very flexible on types of late fee structures you can have
- Can track property loan payments and equity in each unit
- Integrates personal finance software, simple small business software, and property management software all in one
- … and more
The Cons: (what Quicken can improve)
- Lacks ability to add detailed info and files to specific tenants and properties… I like to have photos of my properties or a tenant’s driver’s license but there’s no where to store those things within Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010.
- Late fees are inflexible. You can only do flat fee late charges… rather than per day charges some landlords like to do.
- Software is integrated with personal finance software. While this is a pro for some… this is a drawback for many rental property owners… just has extra features that may get in the way if you don’t plan on using the personal finance side of the software.
- Reports are basic and not very detailed… yes, we like the ease of the software in terms of adding information but for rental property owners who manage more than 10-15 units… in my opinion it lacks reporting based on per unit, per tenant, etc. that you may need (but it has the reports necessary for most people who are managing under 10 or so units).
- They don’t provide a free trial. This isn’t a biggie… because their customer service has always been pretty good for us. But, the only way to try out their software is to buy it… which is why we got it and did the full review for you.
That about sums it up.
One thing I always like to say is… as you know… software is as individual as jeans… what I like you may not… what you like… I may not.
So, we always suggest that you narrow your property management software search down to 2-3 software programs… then get the free trial or demos of them and try them all to see which one you like the best.
My Overall Impression Of Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010 Software
Really, the 2010 version of Quicken Rental Property Manager vs. Quicken Rental Property Manager 2009 isn’t all that drastically different. There have been some user interface updates… and a feature or two has been added (like integration with your bank account and easier multi-unit property functionality)… but it’s about 90% the same.
My overall impression of Quicken Rental Property Manager 2010 is that it is a good software for those who own fewer than 10-15 rental units or for those who don’t need or want loads of details about their units or tenants. It’s a solid software with a good name behind it and I was impressed by how easy it was to use and the advanced features for a sub $100 software (it’s $149 regular price).
So, heres our recommendation.
If you have fewer than 10-15 units, are looking for a simple and easy to use property management software, don’t need advanced features or detailed unit by unit reports, and want to spend less than $100… I would 100% suggest you check out their website to get the $50 discount and give it a try.
If you have more than 10 units and want a lot more ability to add more detailed information about tenants, properties, units, etc… and want more advanced features and reporting… you may check out our reviews on other property management software systems like LandlordMax , Buildium Software (highly recommended) and Tenant File software.
Over the next couple months we’ll be reviewing other larger software like Yardi and others… so be sure to join our newsletter so you’ll get updates on our new reviews as they come out.
How Do I Grade It?? (out of 5)
Design: .5 (4.5/5)
Affordability : and 1/2 (4.5/5)
Ease of Use : .5 (4.5/5)
Overall (1-15+ Units): (4.375/5)
Is This Property Management Software Program Right For You?
My purpose in posting these product reviews is to give you an objective look at the program… tell you the pros and cons… and let you make the decision for yourself. For full disclosure… our company does make a small commission if you buy any program from our website; however, we keep it unbiased because we try to do comprehensive and honest reviews of all of the products in each category so you have a full look at your options. And, if we have helped you in your search for property management software at all… we’d appreciate if you do feel we’ve given you value to purchase the software through the links on our website so we can continue to provide great free resources to real estate investors around the U.S.
$50 Discount on Quicken 2010 Rental Property Manager Software
To get your $50 discount, all you have to do is purchase Quicken Property Manager 2010 through our link and the price will automatically be discounted at checkout. Nothing fancy, no receipts to email. Just an honest to goodness discount for a good product.
Enjoy your week
Note: Here at The REI Brain dot com we are dedicated to providing you with great free content, resources, training, and product reviews. All of this is not cheap for us to do and we’ve got to pay the bills… so, if you find a product or recommendation or review of a product on our website or in our emails we likely do earn a revenue when our visitors purchase the product/service/program through the links on our website. That is a great way that we’ve found to help pay for our expenses and to continue providing you with great content for free. However, with that said… we are *never* going to sell out to make a quick buck and feel very strongly that every product we introduce you to or that we recommend in a review is truly a great product, at a great value, that we have personally reviewed prior to any recommendation or review. Out of every product we do recommend, there are over 20 that we look at that we feel are not worthy of our recommendation to our valued readers.